Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops

So being on this low-carb diet has really made me open my mind a bit to cooking. I can look what I have in the house and start putting together ingredients for a dish I have never had before. I am amazed by this since I have always been a horrible cook. Atleast I thought I was horrible, until I got brave and decided to actually try to cook. And even after many failures, I still kept trying, which is why I think I have become a decent cook!

That brings me to the next recipe to share, one that is SO EASY yet so delicious, you have to try it!


Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops

What You Need
4 Pork Chops, 1 inch
8 Slices of Bacon
Seasoning of Choice (I used Adobo and Thyme)
Salt
Pepper


Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Take a 9 x 13 baking dish
and lightly spray it with cooking spray or coat with butter. Take each pork chop and wrap it with bacon. Each peice should use two peices of bacon. Place into the baking dish and top with salt and pepper to taste. Then use your favorite seasoning to your liking. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, then broil for about 5 minutes to make the bacon brown and crispy.

You can actually make as many pork chops as you like and use whatever thickness you like. If you use thinner chops then you may only need once peice of bacon. I just so happened to use 4 chops at 1 inch thickness so I needed 2 peices of bacon to cover the whole chop.

I actually made these for lunch and made a nice salad to go with it, topped with zesty italian dressing (picture above). If your tiredof dry pork chops, your going to love this recipe. They turn out juicy and flavorful! I am thinking about trying this with chicken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment