Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Re-Doing the Girls' Room

Ugh! I don't even want to think about it, it frustrates me so much. Trying to incorporate two children into one room, without spending a ton of money. Luckily I am having another girl, or else this would be much harder.

Dakota is so obsessed with the Disney Princesses, I would hate to choose princesses for the new baby's bedding but I do want them to match in some way! Then I have played with the idea of changing Dakota's bedding to match the bedding of the new baby, but I don't want Dakota to feel like we are changing her room around completely!

So, what do I do? I think about this every day and I usually stop thinking about it just because I can never come to a solid decision!

Here is what I have put together so far...

Dakota's current bedding and crib bedding choice?



So with that idea, I am basically sticking with pinks, yellow, blues, greens, and whites. I can decorate the walls however I want, flowers and princesses.

But I LOVE this bed set for the new baby! Which wouldn't match Dakota's current bedding what so ever! But possibly could replace her bedding with something that sort of matches?


Then you figure, that by just picking a bedding that matches Dakota's Princess bedding, it would be much cheaper! Luckily the walls are plain since we are renters and haven't decorated since we have moved here.

Now can you see why I can't think straight when I start to think about it? One the plus side though, a totally awesome mommy from JustMommies.com offered to make us ladies some nursery letters! I will get them in the mail shortly and I can't wait to start decorating them... but I need to know what bedding I am using first!!!



Any input on this whole room decorating this is greatly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment