Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cooking Newbie

I have never been much of a cook. When I met my husband 4 and a half years ago, the only thing I could make was scrambled eggs or anything that had to be microwaved. Although I still messed up microwaved items frequently.

Well, I have sort of taken on a new hobby... its going threw online recipes and picking ones to try. I work so much, that this is sort of a way for me to do my own thing, and hopefully be rewarded afterwards with a yummy meal. And being pregnant, NOTHING is better than food as a reward!

I am going to start posting recipes I am currently trying and will let you know the results! So far I have had great success, regardless of a few mess ups. I like to leave steps out and forget ingredients! I don't do it as much anymore, but it just proves, cooking takes practice! You aren't born knowing how to make pasta sauce from scratch!!

One tip I can give you already: Being a mom and cooking takes SKILL. Having a 3 year old grabbing ingredients off the counter probably doesn't help the fact that I FORGET to put those ingredients in. Laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment